Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Elicits an Emotional Response: Weightroom Fixtures

Subgenres of weightroom regulars that elicit some sort of emotional response:

1)The dude with the army crewcut banging out his 50th handstand pushup.

2)Christian bodybuilders sporting shredded and possibly bloodied, "God is a weightlifter" or "Let Jesus do the work" shirts. I've conquered my fear and befriended several of them but still.

3)Wizened older gents who hyperextend everything they can in an effort to lift 100 more pounds than they should.

4)Red headed beast chicks who can out squat me by greater than 100 pounds.

5)Those attached to huge pulsating forehead veins. Vein must be raised from forehead by at least a pencil's width to qualify.

6)The perfectly spheroid angry guy who swears at me under his breath because I'm doing lunges on the walking track. Lunging is walking you rotund bastard and either way, it's a freakin' three lane track.

1 comment:

  1. The spheroid guys are my favorite. How can they maintain that body shape while exerting so much effort? Maybe it's just a transitional state.

    ReplyDelete